24 Feb Spring into Spring Fundraising: What to Sell at Your High School Concession This Season
Spring is exciting on so many different levels. For one, winter is behind us, which means our energy is higher and we look forward to getting out and about and enjoying better weather. There are also holidays, special occasions, and celebrations during spring that you can easily offer seasonal merchandise and turn your concession stand into a one-stop-shop. Sports and club tournaments, prom, and project graduation are also coming up and your school needs any support it can get. Use the ideas in this post to turn your concession stand into your school’s fundraising driver and raise the money your school needs to end the school year with a bang.
Spring Fundraising Ideas at Your School’s Concession
- St. Patrick’s Day goodies – Consider selling desserts and merchandise for this special day. Retailers like Oriental Trading Company, Costco, and Party City have bulk options available for party hats, pins and pinwheels, bowties, fake tattoos, and candies.
- March Madness game snacks – Think of movie snack boxes with a drink, popcorn, and pretzel or nachos, and offer those for pickup during March Madness. Work with area restaurants and offer family meals like pizza, burger combos, and build your own taco kits.
- Pi Day desserts and meals – Even if your school doesn’t have a game on Sunday, March 14 doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate. Work with area bakeries and offer one-of-a-kind pies for sale or celebrate by having Pizza Pi Day selling pizzas from your school’s favorite place.
- Easter treat baskets and activity kits– Work with area retailers and restaurants or put together your own themed baskets for the gardener, grill master, yogi, wine connoisseur, etc. For the kids, sell baskets with candy, bubbles, kites, and coloring books or Easter egg cartons for the big hunt. Raise more money by having a basket raffle with high-end items or consider selling cookie or cupcake decorating kits curbside.
- Picnic kits – Put together kits that include all the picnic essentials (paper or melamine plates and disposable cutlery, cups, napkins, and tablecloths) and include picnic meals like pizza, wraps, sandwiches, salads, and sodas or bottles of water.
- Ballfield packages – For baseball season, consider selling snack boxes with the fan’s choice of sunflower seeds, bubble gum, Frito pie, corn dogs, or nachos with a fountain or bottled drink.
- Brunch variety platters – Bring back brunch to your concession stand with the help of local restaurants. Fans will enjoy ordering French toast, breakfast tacos, biscuits and gravy, and potato hash. For the lighter side, offer yogurt, fruit, and oatmeal cups.
- Athlete combos and meals – Team lunches and dinners are popular, especially during tournaments. Consider offering online group orders of concession combos and meals, so the entire team doesn’t have to wait at the concession stand for their food. Online ordering will allow you time to prep their orders, so they can have it warm when it’s ready for pickup.
- Healthy food options –Not everyone may want the typical concession snacks. Offer prepackaged salads, buddha bowls, wraps, and sandwiches as healthier options. Not sure they would sell? If you offer these menu items online for pickup, you would be able to see how many items to have in stock ahead of time. This would allow you and your volunteers to make a quick trip to Costco or to order from a nearby deli or restaurant.
See Your Fundraising Efforts Bloom This Season
Are you ready to see your fundraising efforts bloom this spring? All you need is to get creative and expand your inventory beyond the common concession foods. Then you need to implement an online ordering platform like Blitz Concessions so that your concession can take online orders for pickup and curbside. Using this platform to take your concession online helps your school get the support it needs, enables you to manage inventory, and keeps you organized. Plus, your fans will absolutely love it and we know that’s what matters in the end.
Let us show you how Blitz Concessions works. Contact us for a demo today.
Leslie Harrell developed the Blitz Concessions platform with parent volunteers in mind. Not only does it have preordering capabilities (perfect for these times!), but it also helps you with managing inventory, scheduling volunteers, and staying organized. We know those binders and excel sheets can be a bear, so consider using Blitz Concessions to make your job easier and continue supporting your school.