08 Dec 10 Holiday Gift Ideas to Sell at Your School’s Concession Stand
The holidays may be right around the corner, but that doesn’t mean it’s time to slow down momentum at your concession stand. Fans are hungry for merchandise to gift their friends and family, so why not add holiday gifts to the menu and sleigh your school’s fundraising at the same time? In this post, we share ten holiday gift ideas to start selling at your school’s concession stand.
Holiday Gifts Ideas to Sell at Your Concession Stand
- School merchandise – Offer the best-selling merchandise like playoff shirts, game tickets, apparel, hats, mugs, winter accessories such as beanies and scarves, and reusable bags and totes. Consider working with a screening company to personalize merchandise.
- Specialty/souvenir items – Instead of offering a souvenir cup, go bigger, and think of one-of-kind items that your concession stand can offer for a limited time. What about handblown glass ornaments with the graduation date, souvenir playoff YETI tumblers, or seasonal family activity kits like gingerbread houses, smores or fondue?
- Local artwork and novelties – Support small businesses and offer a sample of their products at your concession stand. Jewelry, soaps and candles, and small toys and crafts make wonderful stocking stuffers.
- Classic board games – Board games are coming back and especially during the pandemic. Sell the classics for family board game night like Jenga, Yahtzee, Monopoly, and Uno or take it up a notch and sell Exploding Kittens or Kids Against Maturity.
- Packaged spices, snacks, and spreads – Look to your local vendors for their famous hot sauces, jams, jellies, pickled veggies, jerky, and snack mixes. Sell these individually as stocking stuffers or as part of a gift basket.
- Gift baskets – Fill holiday baskets with products from surrounding businesses. Many local businesses may have baskets or gift sets available for sale, but you can also build your own themed baskets to gift a fellow foodie, grill master, pet lover, or coffee aficionado. And, don’t forget the parent volunteer who would enjoy a basket filled with school swag.
- The “essentials” – Put together bags of hand sanitizer or spray, touchless non-contact keys, and face coverings and sell as “the essentials.” Feel free to add more to the essentials bags if desired and include cleaning wipes and disposable gloves.
- Holiday plants – You may not be able to sell Christmas trees at your concession stand, but you can offer some nice holiday houseplants like Poinsettias, Mistletoe, Christmas Cacti, or fresh Holly wreaths.
- Raffle or auction big ticket items – Think hotel stays, spa services, home entertainment, Yeti coolers, or fitness tech. Have fans purchase raffle tickets or bid on items online and pick up their winning items curbside.
- Holiday accessories – If fans and guests are picking up holiday gifts, why not have packaging available to them? Offer some gift-wrapping options, bows or ribbon, and greeting cards.
Offer Contactless Holiday Shopping with the Right Technology
Contactless shopping is trending, and retail stores are taking advantage of e-commerce and curbside pickup options. There is no reason why your concession stand can’t do the same to support your school, while also being safe. However, you need the right technology to offer contactless shopping and ordering. Blitz Concessions’ platform enables your school to sell its concession stand menu and merchandise online. As an admin, you can set up and customize your menu adding holiday gift ideas as needed. Your fans can use the platform to order gifts and pick up their orders curbside. Your fans can order dinner and purchase gifts at the same time—a one-stop shop!
Set up your school’s concession stand with Blitz Concessions. Contact us for a demo.